Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
SSG assists the MoD and the wider Government Estate in meeting its security requirements. The successful applicant will be required to act as Project Manager (PM), primarily for AWE (a key SSG customer), responsible for the planning, designing and delivery of cost effective security solutions for major projects with a high technical content. They will manage a small “in –house” dedicated team of SZ4s, including sub-contractors. Providing line management responsibility for SZ4 staff and reporting directly to the AWE Senior Project Manager (C2).
Successful applicants will be based at DIO (SSG) Warrington1, working for customers at AWE Aldermaston and Burghfield.
1 – The Warrington office is scheduled to be relocated to DECA Sealand around September 2018 and the post will move to this location.
You will be provided with a company vehicle including private use, on-call allowance (including recall to duty allowance when called out), opportunities for overtime and travelling time depending on business needs.
• The project management of highly technical and integrated security systems (IDS, PIDS, CCTV, AACS, Control Room) installations. Ensuring delivery is to client agreed timescales, within cost, to specification and quality.
• Assisting the AWE delivery Team in the production of detailed designs consisting of ACAD drawings, project plans and schematics. Project documentation, including quality and inspection and test plans, O&Ms, logbooks and operator manuals.
• Assembling and managing the suitable delivery teams from the dedicated “in-house” team, other areas of SSG and / or sub-contractors.
• Ensuring all projects are managed to current H&S Regulations, SSG Quality & Safety Standards and AWE Company Safety Standards, including the production of all Safe Systems of Work.
• Controlling and monitoring project finances, including procurement. Providing regular finance reports to the SSG AWE Senior Project Managers and AWE Team Leader.
• Provide user operator and “on site” maintenance training for all installed systems.
• Liaise with client Technical Authorities and Security staff, undertake detailed site surveys produce detailed technical specifications, including the production of plans and schematics.
• Line management of SSG SZ4 staff.
• Undertake involvement in SSG’s Call out system.